Thursday, May 1, 2014

BOOK NOOK REVIEW: Clara Bowman-Jahn







**This week's BOOK NOOK REVIEWS shines a spotlight on great books provided by some of the authors participating in my annual FREE AUTHOR PROMOTION event held each May in my city. Help support these new and established authors by checking out their books!***


Title: Annie's Special Day
Author: Clara Bowman-Jahn
Publisher: eTreasure Publishing

Ages: 7-9

"Already awake and excited, Annie heard the alarm go off. the clock showed 7 o'clock in the morning, and the sun painted her bedroom walls and toys with a golden glow. When she jumped out of bed Dog barked. Fat Cat meowed, and Rooster crowed."

Synopsis: Today is a special day for a special little girl named Annie. Today is her birthday and every hour is a new adventure in this basic concept book about time and clocks.

 
Why you should read it: Miss Bowman-Jahn's sweet book about what can happen on a child's birthday take her audience through a twenty-four hour period where each hour is announced by the changing hands of a clock. Young readers will delight in all the adventures one special day can hold.

Like-O-Meter Rating: 4 out of 5...Give it a try.

4 comments:

  1. Clever idea! I'm so excited for Clar! The book sounds adorable :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I should be so lucky that EVERY hour of my birthday was an adventure! ;~)

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  2. Oh My! Donna! I Just googled my name and saw this post you did on me so long ago. I really need to thank you for blogging about me!! Thanks so much!! I love how you describe my book.

    My second one is out now on Amazon as well, Edmund Pickle Chin, A Donkey Rescue Story. It is a true story about an abused donkey and takes place on Evermay Farm. My long time friend Susan April Elwood gave me the idea because she is such a good caregiver of her animals. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Clare! Congrats on the new book! It sounds like another delightful read...

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete