I have always had a soft spot in my heart for Nessie. Maybe it comes from the fact I'm part Scottish. Maybe I'm enthralled with the mystery surrounding the whole idea of an ancient creature living out their life in a Scottish lake. Or maybe I just think this is a cute picture and want to know more about the Loch Ness Monster:
1. Some records show the first recorded sighting of Nessie was in 565 AD by Saint Columba.
2. Experts believe that Nessie must not be a mammal because the animal doesn't need to breathe air to survive.
3. Nessie is probably the most famous cryptid in the world. Cryptids is another name for animals which MIGHT exist and has some form of folklore tales or "sightings" evidence to back the idea they are real.
4. In 1976, Nessie hunters attempted to lure the beast into showing itself by throwing bacon from a hot air balloon into the loch below. Unfortunately it did not entice Nessie to show itself.
5. More than 4000 people have said they saw Nessie.
6. Did you know Nessie has a cousin named the Ogopogo and is said to live in the Okanagan Lake in British Columbia, Canada?
7. If Nessie really exists, it is said to be elephant grey in color, weighs about 2500 pounds, and is probably up to be 40 feet long.