LG from WRITING OFF THE EDGE ( http://lgkeltner.blogspot.com/ ) has honored me with "The Booker Award". It is given to a blog that spends 50% or more on the craft of writing or talking about books...and I certainly think I qualify for THAT award...lol...so on this Teaser Tuesday I will give you five of my all time favorite books but first...the rules of the award:
1. This award is for book bloggers only. To receive this award the blog must be at least 50% about books...either reading or writing about them.
2. You must share your top five favorite books you have ever read.
3. You must give this award to 5 other lucky book blogs you enjoy.
So here my top five:
1. The Giving Tree by Shel Silverstein. How is it possible for one man to put SO MUCH emotion and spirit into a book with almost stick drawings and a few words? I should be so lucky as to grow to have a talent like that!
2. A Tale Of Two Cities by Charles Dickens. This story was required reading during my high school years and it left a profound love of the classics on my spirit.
3. Silas Marner by George Eliot. Another required reading by my high school English teacher where I would sit in his classroom and follow along as he played a record of the book for us to listen to...it certainly added to my enjoyment of the book to be immersed in the sounds of the actor's voices.
4. Truly...anything by Mercer Mayer. I cut my teeth on Mercer Mayer books...I grew up with him, joined in the adventures with him, and felt a little bit better about life in general after having read his books.
5. Mine-o-saur by Sudipta Bardhan-Quallen. Every summer I read this book to my students at my Summer Adventure Camp as it is a fun lesson in how to be nice and share with others.
and a bonus:
6. My Lucky Day by Keiko Kasza. I absolutely LOVE this story. I love the little piglet...his craftiness, how he outsmarts those around him and it's just a GREAT feel good book!
Now...instead of passing out this award to just a few of the wonderful book blogs I read everyday...I thought I would just ask MY readers to give me THEIR top five favorite books. I just might find a reason to add some more cool books to my collection!