Friday, April 13, 2012

A to Z: Largiloquent





This A to Z Challenge has been so much fun for me.  A chance to learn new words when I write my blog, a chance to make new blogger friends when I visit yours, a chance to expand my world through all the lovely and varied themes with over 1800 participants in this year's event!  That's why today's word is so special...largiloquent...it means full of words and sometimes writers are so full of them that we can't commit them to paper fast enough before they are gone forever. Are you largiloquent today? If you are, what do you plan to do with them?  WRITE...CREATE...ENJOY THE MOMENT BEFORE IT'S GONE!




Library Lion
Written by: Michelle Knudsen
Illustrated by: Kevin Hawkes
Ages: 3-8
ISBN: 10 0-7636-1160-3
Teaser:  Mr. McBee, circulation manager, doesn't like it when a big, gentle lion wanders into the library one day and becomes friends with the kids who come to story time.  Head librarian, Miss Merriweather, allows him to stay because he follows the be quiet rule at the library.  But what will the lion do when Miss Merriweather has an accident one day and needs help?  Will he break the be quiet rule and maybe get in trouble for making some noise?



16 comments:

  1. What a cute book! I'll have to see if I can find it for my grandkids.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Donna, and welcome to my blog! Yes, I thought it was an awful cute book when I cam across it last night...I think it might have to join my home library...;0)

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  2. Largiloquent? I think I've been largiloquent my entire life. I've seldom been at a lose for words, as my name implies.

    Chubby Chatterbox

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol...that's too funny, Stephen. I hadn't thought about that before, but you may be right...;0)

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  3. Reminds me of eloquent, which is a lovely word to say. Nice to meet you through the A to Z Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susan, and welcome to my blog! I hope you are enjoying the challenge...

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  4. This sounds incredibly cute.

    Shelly
    Doing A to Z http://secondhandshoesnovel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Shelly, and welcome to my blog! I'm glad you enjoyed today's post...

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  5. aww....I want to read about the Library Lion. Wish I was largiloquent! I can't even do crossword puzzles...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Susan! I really think I want to get this book...;0)

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  6. Great word -- and I absolutely LOVE Library Lion. If you haven't read it yet, you MUST.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Beth! That book looks like it would be a GREAT read!

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  7. Largiloquent? I have learned a new word today! Thank you! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Tracy...glad I could help...lol...

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  8. Yes I have this book, it is gorgeous. I love lions, always have since I was a kid. Boy! you sure are coming out with some amazing words.... very cool!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, thanks Diane! I'm trying to keep everyone on their toes...;0)

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete