There are many types of writers in the world. Fiction, non-fiction, children's, adults, mystery, romance...you name it and there is a writer out there willing to pour blood, sweat, and tears into a manuscript about it. There are even writers out there that will write about nothing else but writing. But no matter what type of writer you think you are, in order to be successful at it there is one main thing you have to be. Creative.
A writer's canvas needs to be forever changing, forever evolving into that magically elusive thing that hooks a reader and tempts them to come back for more. No matter what the subject, a writer must be creative enough to mold a world in which readers feel at home...a place they not only visit, but stay a while as well.
I am a visual writer. My creativity comes from sometimes seeing what others do not and drawing conclusions others would not consider. I attempt to think outside the box...or inside the light bulb as the case may be...until my story is told. This makes me a creative thinker. And this might be why Beth Stilborn ( http://www.bethstilborn.com ) decided to bestow upon me the Kreative Blogger Award. Whatever the reason I am happy to accept this lovely testimonial to the fact that as hard as I work at my blog, I must be doing something right! ;0)
The rules of receiving this award indicate that I must reveal 10 things about myself not known before now. THAT took a lot of creativity on my part to create such a list that would not bore my readers. Here it is:
1. I once took a boiled pig's head to school for Biology show and tell. Needless to say my teacher was NOT amused!
2. My earliest award for writing was the book Misty of Chincoteague from my local library when I was about 10. I wrote an essay on being an American and won first prize.
3. I once dated a man who looked like Neil Diamond and sang like Steve Perry of Journey.
4. My sister and I used to lay on our porch steps and tell each other stories during a time we would call "The Witching Hour".
5. I believe in the paranormal and have had more than one interaction with spirits.
6. I had a mother cat years ago who decided she wanted to have her kittens in the middle of the night. On my bed. On top of me. While I slept. Just imagine me waking up the next morning and wondering why the bed was wet.
7. I have stood in the middle of a volcano before. If you don't believe me, I have picture proof.
8. I once dragged a freshly killed armadillo home by the tail after church one Sunday when I was about 4 or 5. You do what you have to do when you are poor and starving.
9. If I had the money, I would retire to live somewhere along the coast of Maine where I could be near the sea.
10. I love going to garage sales, second hand shops, thrift stores to discover hidden treasures no one else sees but me.
There you have it...a peek into some of the crazy things that make up my interesting life! Now I have to pass this wonderful award onto five other people more deserving than I...
1. Wendy Martin ( http://wendymartinillustration.com )
2. Alison Hertz ( http://alisonhertz.blogspot.com )
3. Becky Levine ( http://beckylevine.com )
4. Darcy Pattison ( http://www.darcypattison.com
5. Rachael Harrie (http://rachaelharrie.blogspot.com )
Why not check out these blogs and see why I give them the Kreative Blogger Award. Just think about it...you never know WHAT you might create once you try.