Normally I would be doing one of my children's book reviews in this slot but today I wanted to make a little announcement, so here goes...
I'm stepping away from my blog for a little while.
Not for long and not forever.
You see, I have a number of writing commitments and projects with time sensitive deadlines coming up over the next two months and I've spent the past couple of weeks trying to figure out how to get everything done. Some people might think I'm some sort of Super Woman but I'm actually only human and can only go in so many directions at once...;~)
So, I'm going to step away from my blog for the months of November and December to focus on a number of things including...
1. Participate in NaNoWriMo where I intend to rewrite the first half of my young adult fantasy novel LUNADAR: HOMEWARD BOUND and then actually finish this novel that's been haunting me for about three years now.
2. Participate in PiBoIdMo where I am wanting to focus on researching and fleshing out some more possible creative historical fiction topics. Since I need to come up with 30 ideas in 30 days, surely to goodness a few of them with pop up!
3. Complete a number of book reviews I've committed to for Harper Collins and the Fiction Guild.
4. Complete two "dummy" picture books to help with my author visits. This is a request per the school system I'm working with to expand what I can offer the schools and I'm happy to oblige.
5. Work on revisions to my existing manuscripts...14 picture books and 3 chapter books.
6. Complete my research on book 3 of a new historical fiction chapter book series I've created and maybe start on the first draft.
7. Oh yeah...take time to enjoy the Thanksgiving and Christmas holidays.
8. Enjoy a much needed break from work and writing projects when I go on vacation the week of Christmas.
I really enjoy blogging and I hope you have been entertained these past four years (my blogiversary is 12/6/11) and I intend to return on January 4th, 2016 with all kinds of new ideas to share with you, my wonderful readers. I'll still be on Facebook and Pinterest but for now, I'm taking the next two months off from blogging to shoot for the stars!!