Wednesday, February 4, 2015

BOOK NOOK REVIEWS: Rosemary Wells









Title: Voyage To The Bunny Planet
Author/Illustrator: Rosemary Wells
Publisher: Viking
Ages: 4 to 8

Synopsis: 
 
"Far beyond the moon and stars
Twenty light-years south of Mars
Spins the gentle Bunny Planet
And the Bunny Queen is Janet."


Why should you read it: I originally won this autographed book in a contest a couple of years ago. It was the first picture signed by the author I had won and I was really looking forward to reading it. Imagine my surprise when I read it and discovered it didn't really appeal to me so I tucked it away on my bookshelf. Fast forward two years and I was on my way to visit my friend's daughter and decided to share this book with her. Hailey actually liked this book a lot (she's almost 5) and I found myself delighting in the simple story lines of the three tales as I read them to her.

Ms. Wells manages to take children on a sleepy voyage to the Bunny Planet where the trials of a hard day can be forgotten and children get a chance at a 'do-over' day. The clever rhyming lines help young readers to deal with the stresses in their lives and gives them ways to handle a topsy-turvy world.

Like-o-meter Rating scale**: 5 out of 5...grab it!
 
**Rating scale**
 5 out of 5...grab it!
 4 out of 5...think about it.
 3 out of 5...take or leave it.
 2 out of 5...maybe not for you.
 1 out of 5...forget about it!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment