Saturday, January 10, 2015

My Writing Journey





My apologies for the delay in today's post.

The life of an author can be filled with twists and turns where the little challenges of everyday life can be challenging indeed. My trustworthy old computer decided to take a hiatus from work today and it took until now to convince it to come back to the office.

It's kind of like my whole writing journey so far...a series of twists and turns which all started with one step over forty years ago...

1970...I was a child with a very vivid imagination and an extremely introverted nature. Imaginary friends filled my days and writing poetry was where I felt most at home.

1990...by now I'd been writing in secret for almost twenty years, filling notebooks with poems and sometimes short stories. I lived and breathed writing but kept my own counsel if anyone ever asked me what I was writing about. It was then I made a decision to step away from my writing. I've come to realize now an artist should never succumb to negativity but back then I was more naive and followed the "wisdom" of others who discovered my secret writing and implied I would never amount to anything.

2010...after three weeks of nonstop dreams of fully detailed picture books, I came to the conclusion that I could no longer turn my back on my dance with the written word. It was calling to me louder than ever before and I HAD to believe in my worth as a writer before I could ask anyone else to.

2015...five years and many, many challenges later, I'm about to see the birth of a dream. My dream of being a published author. Looking back, I see all those baby steps led me to this moment. Looking at where I am today, I'm running toward my writing goals with the knowledge I can be whatever I want to become. Looking ahead, I wonder if it's possible to fly??


I hope you learned something new today and be sure to check back tomorrow for the next post in my month long celebration!

You can preorder my book, THE STORY CATCHER, now through Amazon, www.amazon.com, or Barnes & Noble, www.barnesandnoble.com. It is available in both ebook and print copies. Here is the book blurb and book trailer.
 
 




 
 
Blurb:
  
Addie comes from a long line of readers, or "story catchers," as her family likes to call themselves. Every time Addie tries to catch a story on her own, though, the words play tricks on her. Addie tries everything she can think of to corral those wiggly letters, but it will take a little faith to become the next STORY CATCHER.
 
Trailer :
 
 
 









No comments:

Post a Comment