Wednesday, October 15, 2014

BOOK NOOK REVIEWS: Charlotte Gunnufson








***In celebration of one of my favorite times of the year, come join the fun as I romp through adorable holiday themed picture books as we count down to Halloween***



Title: Halloween Hustle
Author: Charlotte Gunnufson
Illustrators: Kevan J Atteberry
Publisher: Two Lions Publishing
Ages: 4 to 8

"In the dark, a funky beat,
Something white with bony feet.
Skeleton dancing up the street,
Doing the Halloween Hustle."

Synopsis: Skeleton is dancing his way to a Halloween party but as he grooves across town, he keeps stumbling, tumbling, and falling apart! Can Skeleton stay in one piece long enough to make it to the party?

Why you should read it: There is so much vivid color and delightful animation going on in Mr. Atteberry's illustrations I almost felt like I was dancing along with Skeleton! I wasn't sure where Ms. Gunnufson was going to go with her story when I first started reading but when I saw how skillfully she employed the "three" theme in her story, I couldn't wait to flip the pages to see what would happen next. If Halloween is your thing, you will enjoy this wonderful rhyming story!

Like-O-Meter Rating: 5 out of 5...grab it!

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Hi Catherine! I love Fall and Halloween...and I LOVE the funny ending to this story!

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete