Saturday, October 25, 2014

BOOK NOOK REVIES: Pamela Jane








***In celebration of one of my favorite times of the year, come join the fun as I romp through adorable holiday themed picture books every day from now until the end of the month as we count down to Halloween***


Title: Little Goblins Ten
Author: Pamela Jane
Illustrator: Jane Manning
Publisher: Harper Collins Publlishers
Ages: 4 to 8

"Over in the forest
where the trees hide the sun
Lived a big mommy monster
And her little monster one."

Synopsis: It a kooky, spooky, silly twist to the old nursery rhyme Over In The Meadow as ghosts, goblins, and other cool beasties make their way through the forest on a creepy fun filled Halloween night.

Why you should read it: Anyone who knows me can tell you my favorite time of the year is the fall. For me, Halloween begins the official holiday season in my house! Author Pamela Jane has managed to turn an old nursery rhyme into a new tale for reading on a crisp Autumn evening. I couldn't wait to turn the page and see what other creatures of the night would go on a fun romp through the forest. Illustrator Jane Manning's delightful artwork is a perfect compliment to this engaging story that will have your own little beastie coming back for more!

Like-O-Meter Rating: 5 out of 5...grab it!


2 comments:

  1. I love the cover and it sounds so fun. Thanks, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Catherine! I really enjoyed the illustrations...hope you get a chance to read it...

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete