Wednesday, May 14, 2014

BOOK NOOK REVIEWS: Elizabeth Rose Stanton









**This week's BOOK NOOK REVIEWS shines a spotlight on great books provided by some of the authors participating in my annual FREE AUTHOR PROMOTION event held each May in my city. Help support these new and established authors by checking out their books!***


Title: Henny
Author/Illustrator: Elizabeth Rose Stanton
Publisher: Simon & Schuster Books For Young Readers
Ages: 4-8

"Henny was not a typical chicken. Henny was born with arms."

Synopsis: Sometimes it's not easy being different. Sometimes people laugh at you. Sometimes you worry. A lot. And sometimes you discover there is something very special about being different.
 
Why you should read it: This is a sweet story many children will be able to recognize themselves in. There will come a time in every child's life when they wonder about how they will fit in and I like how spunky Henny doesn't allow her differences to become a handicap. Instead she chooses to make a difference in her own little corner of the world and in the end, Henny creates a life where she can soar!

Like-O-Meter Rating: 5 out of 5...Grab it!


4 comments:

  1. Read it. Loved it! Great choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Genevieve! I couldn't agree more...great story!

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  2. This is a great one!
    I haven't been getting emails from my subscription to your blog :( That happened with another blog follow through Feedburner. I am going to resubscribe and hopefully I get them then.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im sorry you're having trouble. I was wondering where you 'd been. Now you have some catching up to do...;-)

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete