Wednesday, March 26, 2014

BOOK NOOK REVIEWS: S Willett








**This week's BOOK NOOK REVIEWS shines a spotlight on great books provided by some of the authors participating in my annual FREE AUTHOR PROMOTION event held each May in my city. Help support these new and established authors by checking out their books!***


Title: Country And The Rock
Author: S Willett
Publisher: Muse It Up Publishing

Ages: 9-11

"I noticed a huge shadow covering the barn and inching toward me. 

I searched the sky, wondering what created it; but there wasn't even so much as a cloud. Fear coursed through my veins, though I wasn't sure why. I left the wheelbarrow and ran to the front yard. The darkness crept toward me."



Synopsis: Twelve year old Sean West, also known as Country, discovers a young alien named Clicker has traveled from a distant universe to find out what it's like to be a boy from Earth. Soon Country and his buddies are showing their new friend all kinds of Earth-boy fun but it's not so easy keeping Clicker true identity a secret...especially when some thieving Venatici arrive from another planet.


Why you should read it: I was hesitant at first to try this book simply because I'm not a huge science fiction or supernatural kinda gal. This story is aimed at the 9-11 audience. I can see the elements of aliens, dirt bikes, and adventure capturing a pre-teen's interest. Ms. Willett does a good job of keeping her readers guessing as to the outcome and manages to end her story in a satisfying manner.

Like-O-Meter Rating: 4 out of 5...Give it a try.

No comments:

Post a Comment