Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Buffeted By The Wind





Some days are calm, cool breezes and sometimes you get buffeted by the wind.  I must have inadvertently stepped into a cyclone because this week is turning out worse than the last one!  But I'm a fighter and I always like to look on the bright side of things so here is my list of things I'm grateful for today:


1.  No more silly paperwork.  In my personal life I found myself doing silly paperwork once every two months or so just to keep other people happy.  There was really no reason for all that paper shuffling other than to make someone else feel all warm and fuzzy inside that another tree was cut down in the making of those piles of unnecessary paper.  I found out yesterday I will no longer have to do that.  While the reasons itself was shocking and extremely upsetting to me, I will be forever grateful that I can now start preserving a forest instead of continually cutting down one! ;~)

2.  PiBoIdMo registration has begun!  I've waited all year for this and I am now number 75 in a loooonnngggg list of participants.  What is PiBoIdMo you ask?  ARE YOU KIDDING ME????  Go check it out yourself at Tara Lazar's post ( http://taralazar.com/2012/10/23/piboidmo-2012-registration-begins-now-sign-up-here ) and find out why November is the ROCKINGEST month of the year!  The fact I won a hand decorated book from Kathy Ellen Davis's 31 picture books in 31 days 
http://kraftyellenwrites.com/category/31-in-31 ) is just going to make it that much more fun!

3.  Today I am doing an interview with Nutschell from the writing nut blog 
( http://www.thewritingnut.com/ramblings/wednesday-writers-workspace-welcomes-donna-martin ) and if you get a chance why not hope over there and take a peek at my writing study?

I've come to the conclusion that my life will never be an easy one.  There will always be days when I'm buffeted by the wind but that only makes me appreciate the calm days even more!












12 comments:

  1. Just read the interview over at Nutscell's place. Thought it was great.

    mood
    Moody Writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mooderino and welcome to my blog! Thank you for your kind words...I was following your blog before but a hacker dumped me months ago and I didn't realize it until just now. Now I'm a once-again follower of your wonderful posts...;~)

    Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Look for the silver lining... good for you! (and *hugs*)

    2. PiBoIdMo? You bet! (Although my participation will be limited at times when I'm off doing other amazing things).

    3. Great interview!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. HI Beth! Thanks for your kind words and everything else you have done for me!

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  4. Hi Donna, loved your post over @ Nutschell's. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jenn and welcome to my blog! Thank you for your kind words. You are my 299th follower! I'm honored that you liked my blog...may you enjoy many more posts along the way...;~)

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  5. I love the calm days!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Genevieve! Me too...I can usually get them on Sundays...

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  6. I like calm days, but on dry, sunny, windy days, I feel like flying in the air! ;) Congrats on the interview and PiBoIdMo! I joined too! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww, Erik, that's great news! I'm sure you will do great with PiBoIdMo!

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  7. I also enjoyed your interview at Nutschell's, as well as your post today! Great title too! Julie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Julie and welcome to my blog! I'm glad you not only like my posts, but also took the time to leave me a note...I really appreciate it!

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete