Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Chasing My Tail



I was thinking about Cupcake this morning.  No, I don't mean the dessert item, but rather my online buddy who just happens to be a great blogger as well as a great dog.  You can check out her blog at www.cupcakepetrillo.wordpress.com.  Cupcake has the right attitude.  Life can be stressful at time...even make you feel like you are no longer in control of your destiny.





These past few weeks I've been feeling like this.  In my day job I was in a mad dash to get everything ready for my summer Adventure Camp...fourteen hour days of just me and 30 kiddies in the building every day for the next eleven weeks.  Probably why I'm the only person around who actually counts down the days until the next school year before THIS school year is even over...;0)




Now I'm dealing with the fall out of home repairs gone wrong and it's normal that I'm feeling overly stressed.  But thankfully I have two things in my favor...I have an offbeat sense of humor and I'm an extremely positive minded person.  I'm sure that why I thought of Cupcake this morning.  She enjoys life to the fullest.  Cupcake doesn't sit around worrying about where her next chew toy will come from.  She doesn't stress over whether she going to be able to get to the park to play on Saturday.  Cupcake just takes each moment as it comes and enjoys it.  No holding back.  No reservations.  Just living in the moment and maybe that's what we writers should remember.

I recently read a comment from another blogger where he said "I am an Author so I must AUTH!"  Makes sense to me.  I'm driven with this almost overwhelming need to write and I shouldn't waste time running around in cicles worrying about IF I might find an agent to represent me...IF I will sell one of my stories...IF my writing is even good enough.  If I concentrate on growing as a writer, then eventually running around in circles will allow me to "catch my tail" like my buddy Cupcake.

The only problem is, I might not know what to do with it once I've caught it...




12 comments:

  1. hahahaha..... oh gosh! I loved your last comment as that was what I was thinking when I started reading this post....
    I am at the moment running around in circles at work, they have taken stands out, put up stands, taken stock out leaving lists of what I am to do and so on... on top of which I have an exam to sit, both written and verbal as well as its the end of year self assessment and the big chief popped in today to say he was sending me an invite to have a one on one with me..... I come home too nervous and stressed out to write this past week. Hopefully my spinning will stop soon.
    This post was so timely...lol. Thanks Donna, and all the best for yours!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Diane! And here I was thinking I had a busy life...I guess I'm a slug compared to all that YOU do...;0)...I'm sure you will do finewith your exams and the end of year assessment...

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  2. Yay! Thank you for being inspired by me, Donna! You are a good positive role model for writers, and dogs alike. Oh, and BTW, none of us knows what to do with our tails when we catch them. The reward is the journey itself, as all writers know....

    Love and licks,
    Cupcake

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cupcake! You've got that "star" quality about you and you already have the cute outfits to match...;0)

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  3. I agree with Genevieve!
    I've always said that the journey is the most important thing... one step at a time... the destination is simply a bonus!

    (How did your A to Z visits go? Have you completed?)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle! I agree...I always enjoy the scenic route much more so than the superhighway...;0)

      I've made it about halfway through all the blogs but the repairs to my house...and all the things that have gone wrong...have sidetracked me so I'm hoping to get back to visiting people by this weekend!

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  4. I may not have dog, but I have a cat and the same concept applies. She has her own blog (sort of) and Twitter btw... Anyway, when I feel stressed out all I have to do is look at her and how relaxed she is and I think the same things you mentioned in your post.

    Alex from A Heep of Everything

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alexandra and welcome to my blog! I've had dogs in the past but currently my closest companion is my 12 year old 18 pounder cat who is very protective of me and who like to lay his head on mine while I sleep and we hold hands...I'm serious...;0)

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Yes, Janet...I think I AUTH as well...but then I think YOU sneak in a little "AUTH-ing" now and then as well...;0)

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  6. My dog made himself yelp when he caught his tail a little too enthusiastically one time, guess I picked the right dog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, JP...that's too funny...poor puppy...

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete