Singapore might be known in the states for a lot of things, but BLOG award shows is probably not one of them. But to the people of Singapore, if you blog, you can probably one day achieve star status at their annual Blog Awards show.
There, the winners are determined from thirteen different categories which include cooking to fashion and everything in between. It's a really big deal over in Singapore and the nominated parties dress up in their finest for the big night.
The lucky winners are displayed for the local paparazzi and everyone gets their fifteen minutes of fame. I'm not sure what the Star Wars dude is doing in this picture, but maybe he won the best Science Fiction blog site award?
In the states, this is one area where bloggers don't exactly present their blog awards in quite the same way. We don't have a gala event to announce when we discover a fabulous blog site. We simply announce it to the world in the most natural way for us...we blog about it!
I found out yesterday that I had won another blogger award and I really love the look of this one. Not that the others weren't special to me but whoever created this award did a great job of portraying loveliness in this award. My new canine friend, Cupcake, thought my blog was worthy and for that I say thanks, Cupcake! You can read up on her adorable antics on her own blog, http://cupcakepetrillo.wordpress.com
This award means that I have to tell you 7 more things about myself as well as pass the loveliness on to 3 other deserving bloggers. Here is my list:
1. One day I would love to spend the summer roaming the hills of Scotland. I'm part Scottish and the bagpipes are calling to me.
2. These days I only allow myself one hour a week to watch TV and I faithfully watch Once Upon A Time every Sunday night. I mean, why wouldn't I? It's based on CHILDREN'S STORIES!
3. I created all the illustrations for my high school yearbook.
4. I was also the editor in chief of our high school newspaper during my senior year. I stepped down in protest when the teacher who oversaw our work wanted to start changing poetry entries for a contest I was running. I argued the right to poetic freedom and he wanted to change the words around because he was an English teacher. After three weeks of NO ONE running the paper, he begged me to come back and promised to leave the poems alone.
5 I once ran for mortician at my school during a mock trial where people were selected for judge, lawyer, witnesses, etc. I didn't win, but you should have seen my cool casket campaign cards I handed out!
6. I love amusement parks...it calls to the child in me...but I have to stay away from roller coaster rides because they make me sick once they stop.
7. I once gave a presentation in speech class in college where I taught everyone in the room how to do origami. I made an A in the class despite being horribly shy in front of people.
Well there you have it, more tidbits about me. Now to pass on the One Lovely Blog Award to three other deserving bloggers. Take the time to visit these other blogs...
1. Heather Day Gilbert http://www.bookinamonthmom.blogspot.com
2. Linda Silvestri http://sketchedout.wordpress.com
3. Kristen Lamb http://warriorwriters.wordpress.com
I have felt so blessed to receive such wonderful blogging awards in the recent months that I have decided to get creative while I wait for that all important phone call about another award I just KNOW I have won...