Sunday, February 26, 2012

Have Some Alphabet Soup


Who doesn't remember sitting down to a hot bowl of alphabet soup on a cold winter morning as a child?
There is something heart warming about dipping a spoon into all those letters and seeing what words you could create before you ran out of broth.  Well, here is your chance to recreate that moment from childhood again.


During the month of April, bloggers all around the world will be participating in the A to Z challenge.  Writers everywhere will attempt to blog daily for 26 days with a new letter of the alphabet in the spotlight on each day...i.e. day one is A, day two is B, day three is C, etc.  The lovely head chefs for this challenge are busy in the kitchen cooking up tons of fun for April and there is still time to sign up...just go to their blog April A To Z Challenge and help them reach 1000 participants by March 1st!



I post daily on my own blog so THAT part won't be a challenge.  This is, however, my first year participating and I have given myself the added challenge of attempting a "double header" of sorts and if you don't know what I'm talking about, you will just have to come back in April and find out what I mean!  ;-)


I'm busy doing my research now and even called in reinforcements to help me get ready.  I hope I can do this.  Wait, I KNOW I can do this because I feed on all the energy of this lovely writing community I am so happy to be a part of.  So who's with me?  Who will don that chef's hat with me and cook up a pot of comforting blog posts in April?



And if I'm really lucky I will join my friend, Garfield, in dining on the best bowl of alphabet soup yet...







18 comments:

  1. I don't remember ever having alphabet soup as a kid. But we did have cereal that was shaped like letters. I love the pictures that go with your blog. They are always interesting.
    I will be looking for your double header in April.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I remember that cereal and you can always munch on THAT instead of soup while you are counting down to April!

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  2. Janet - Alphabets, the cereal. I remember! Also remember the alphabet soup. I am not participating in the A-Z challenge, but I tweeted this blog post for those that might be interested. I will also post it to my group page. Good luck, Donna!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awww, Karen, thank you SO much for the shout-out! I know you are an incredibly busy lady and I always look forward to your blog posts!

      Thanks for taking the time to stop by and come back any time!

      Delete
  3. Nice way to put things, love alphabet soup!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, CC! I just became a new follower of your blog and hope to see you in April.

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  4. I'm getting hungry... alphabet soup would taste good right about now. I used to love Alpha-Bits, but they'd taste way to sweet to my aged tastebuds, I think.

    I'm concocting an A-to-Z post for today, but it won't be nearly as tasty as this one. I think I'll link to your post as well, to give people something to chew on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your reply, Beth, was so cute! I don't know what made me think of the soup idea for the A to Z Challenge this morning but when I started searching for pictures, I was amazed at how everything fell into place...;0)...and if you decide to link back to my blog, then thanks in advance!

      I'm glad you stopped by and come back any time!

      Delete
  5. Great blog post about the challenge. Cool pictures. I remember eating alphabet soup and also alphabets cereal.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Susanne, for your kind words. I try really hard to make these posts entertaining as well as inspirational. Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  6. I'll be joining you, Donna...it's in the planning stages now. You are already in the groove. Good for you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck, Jarm! Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  7. I'll give this A to Z Challenge serious consideration.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The worst that could happen is that you wouldn't complete the challenge. The best is that you will get the creative juices flowing and maybe add a few followers to your blog. Worth considering I'd say...;-)

      Thanks, Stephen, for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete
  8. this is one of the most creative A to Z promos I've seen yet. Very nicely done!

    Welcome to the Challenge.


    Lee
    An A to Z Co-Host
    Tossing It Out
    Twitter: @AprilA2Z
    #atozchallenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Lee, for your kind words. I'm glad you liked it. I think it's amazing that you and the others volunteer your time and talents to make this all possible so I thank you!

      I'm glad you stopped by and come back any time!

      Delete
  9. I'm still deliberating. I don't know if I can commit to 26 days in the middle of Lent and Easter (I work at a church). If I felt I could post far enough ahead, then maybe. But I would feel pretty crappy about not visiting other blogs. Sigh. I guess you don't really need to hear my personal dilemma, but there you go anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Laura, and thanks for stopping by! Please remember that this challenge is supposed to be a fun way to get the creative juices flowing. If you don't fully complete the challenge no one is going to line you up and shoot you...;-)

      And who is REALLY going to realistically be able to follow ALL the other posts? I figure if you visited only ONE other participant each day, then that is still 26 new friends and maybe some new followers for YOUR blog!

      You can only do what's best for you.

      Thanks for stopping by and come back any time!

      Delete